4.10.2009

Past homework

I'm sitting in my unattractive small office dreaming of a place like this. I guess it's the semiotics of the image that infuse my brain with millions of thoughts. The openess of the space interacts with my soul. Bare walls give a feeling of freedom. Maybe the interiors are evoking a spartan aesthetic but this strict perspective creates an enviromnent for meditation and creation. I imagine the beginning of a great book, the concept of some great piece of art... Humble but solid furniture to support the birth of a masterpiece. Hard wearing wooden floors to support those steps in eternity. Our world is constanlty changing but certain aspects remain intact...

IMAGE COURTESY OF OAK MANAGEMENT

5 comments:

  1. Such a lovely simple work space! I actually like it too! Hope you have a good easter weekend Sophia! Love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the "spirit workplace" no stuff to do around you is good for the concentration. Love your blog. The chairs are so cool. Hope to see you around. Mika (www.mikascrap.typepad.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really poetic photo... especially with your words! Virginia Wolf had it right -we all need a room of our own.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your words are so poetic. I too, am in Holly's class. Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your post Sophia, combined with the photo, it is very strong, and has a beautiful flow to it. (i am in Holly's class too)

    ReplyDelete