3.09.2012

Find & Refined {A baby’s room} !

I was never into regular baby themes, actually I was never into babies until recently… Now, our family will grow and soon we’ll have the joy to welcome our first baby!  And boy, am I excited! I started searching high and low for simple but appealing baby gear. I’ve been looking from IKEA catalogues to magazines at the doctor’s office, anything I could get my hands on! At the beginning things looked pretty boring and uninspiring…but I knew interesting things existed, I just didn’t know where to start. Good old internet though was there to my rescue. Trust me, there’s a lot of great stuff besides the usual boy gets blue (in my case) trend! So, when I saw this image below at one of the catalogues of Smallable it clicked. Fresh, simple and no-frills beautiful! Just the way I liked it! My spending  policy though, like for many these days, is pretty tight. Images are great for inspiration but when the time comes for real life decisions, everything is taken into consideration. My plan is to be design-wise and budget friendly here. I figured I could swap a few things around- like the crib with a nice one from IKEA, the SUNDVIK (which seems pretty decent) and still get that pretty atmosphere. Plus IKEA carries the ever popular line of RIBBA frames which always come handy. Etsy is undeniably an online heaven for affordable art, a few more details and I’m all set.  Without further ado here’s my roundup for a sophisticated baby’s room!
image
baby blanket



baby blanket from pod //  embroidered dachshund pillow from katedurkin  // homestead print from beauchamping   //  Monsieur under the rain print from blancucha   // Black Feathers- Original Watercolor painting from annatovar


ALL IMAGES FROM SOURCES

1 comment: